Ready in under an hour and honestly the best brownie you will ever make!!
OH MY LORDY. Stop whatever you are doing and look at these chocolate and peanut butter brownies. They are OUT OF THIS WORLD. No seriously. They have it all; a wafer thin crust yielding to fudgy dense chocolatey brownie filled and a crunchy layer of peanut butter and milk chocolate chunks – what could be better!!
The best thing about these brownies is that you can totally make them your own! Perhaps you want to use almond butter and change out the milk choc chunks for whole almonds and add some orange zest in the batter to make delicious almond and orange brownies. (I mean – why wouldn’t you!!) Whatever you do with this recipe i implore you to give it a go – you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!
Ok on the technical front I often get asked how I get them so fudgy and gooey. The secret is to take them out of the oven when they are still wobbly….now i don’t mean – fat arse in thin leggings wobbly- but I mean just ever so slightly underset when you gently tap the tray. Follow the timings and temp I give to the letter, or number rather, and you wont go wrong!
- 500g Crunchy peanut butter (I use this one)
- 150g Milk chocolate
- 225g Unsalted butter
- 400g Dark chocolate
- 4 Eggs
- 225g Caster sugar
- 175g Light brown soft sugar
- 1tsp Vanilla extract
- 150g Plain flour
- Line a 20cm x 30cm brownie tin with baking parchment and pre heat the oven to 180’c.
- Melt together the dark chocolate and butter in a large saucepan very gently over a low heat until smooth and glossy
- Remove from heat and stir in both sugars, the eggs and the vanilla, beating quickly until well combined
- Sift in the plain flour and stir well.
- Pour half of the mixture into the tin and spread evenly to cover the base of the tin – place in the freezer for 10 mins to firm up
- Whilst the brownie base is in the freezer, warm the peanut butter in a small pan over a gentle heat until pourable.
- Chop up the milk chocolate generous chunks
- Grab brownies from the freezer and spread the soft peanut butter over the top, levelling and pushing right to the edge with a palette knife or back of a spoon. Top with chocolate chunks.
- Pour remaining brownie mix over peanut butter and choc chunks and spread evenly to create a smooth top with no peanut butter showing.
- Bake in a preheated oven for EXACTLY 30 MINUTES> I PROMISE THEY ARE DONE AT THIS POINT.
- Leave to cool for 10 mins before putting in the fridge to completely set for at least 2 hours. Remove from the fridge and cut into pieces, place in your favourite cake tin or stand and keep at room temperature to serve and enjoy.