So i’m guessing you have an oven..do you have a saucepan? A hob? Fab!! The you can make these absolutely irresistible rhubarb & white chocolate blondies.
The contrast of the tart blushing rhubarb with the creamy white chocolate encased in a crisp edged, fudgy centred slice really is a thing of sheer perfection.
Get your whisk out and get your bake on – you won’t regret it.
- 240g butter
- 450g caster sugar
- 2 eggs + 1 yolk
- 240g plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 2 sticks of forced rhubarb
- 100 g white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 180’c and line a 9″ square tin with greaseproof baking paper
- Chop the rhubarb into smallish pieces and breakup white chocolate into similar size chunks
- Melt the butter gently in a pan over medium heat
- Off the heat add in the caster sugar and vanilla and whisk together until smooth
- Add in the eggs and yolk and whisk again until combined
- Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt and stir in gently until just combined- don’t over mix
- Stir in the white chocolate and rhubarb until evenly spread throughout the mix
- Spoon the thick mixture into your lined tin and make as level as possible
- Bake for 30 mins until puffed up, golden but still wobbly underneath
- Leave to set for at least 4-5 hours (or overnight) somewhere cool before slicing. Will keep for up to a week in an airtight container
- This is a very versatile recipe and the rhubarb and indeed white chocolate can be swapped out for all sorts of other yummy things; Milk chocolate chunks, dark chocolate, raspberries, a swirl of nutella or peanut butter on top, nuts, dried fruit..you get the idea just use 200g in total of whatever you feel like throwing in.
- DO NOT OVERBAKE> They will be dry and disappointing and not at all how a blondie should be. Trust me that after 30 mins they are done and leave to set with all the patience you can muster. It’ll be worth it.
- These will work just perfectly gluten free! Simply use a good GF flour blend in place of the plain flour.
You must be logged in to post a comment.